The Past Simple - Answers




A. Put the verbs into the correct form (simple past).
  1. One night we even watched three movies.
  2. We were very lucky with the weather.
  3. It did not rain a lot.
  4. But we saw some beautiful rainbows.
  5. Where did you spend your last holiday?
  6. Last year I spent my holiday in France. It was great.
  7. I traveled around by car with two friends and we visited lots of interesting places.
  8. Yesterday we went to a Cafe Shop.
  9. The bed was very uncomfortable. I did not sleep very well. 
  10.  Asmae wasn't hungry, so she did not eat anything. 
  11.  We went to Sarah's house but she was not at home. 
  12.  It was a funny situation but nobody laughed.
  13.  The window was open and a bird flew into the room. 
  14.  The hotel wasn't very expensive. It did not costed very much. 
  15. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I did not disturb her. 
B. Complete the exercise with the verbs inside the box. (simple past tense)


buy catch cost drink
fall hurt sell spend
teach throw win write

1. Mozart wrote more than 600 pieces of music.

2. 'How did you learn to drive?' 'My father taught me.'

3. We couldn't afford to keep our car, so we sold it.

4. I was very thirsty. I drank the water very quickly.

5. Karim and I played tennis yesterday. He's much better than me, so he

won easily.

6. Ahmed  fell down the stairs this morning and hurt his leg.

7. Kamal threw the ball to Sarah, who caught it.

8. Layla spent a lot of money yesterday. She bought

a dress. It costed 100.
Previous
Next Post »

Popular Posts