The Past Simple- Exercises

EXERCISES (THE PAST SIMPLE)



A. Put the verbs into the correct form (simple past).
  1. One night we even (watch)  three movies.
  2. We (be) very lucky with the weather.
  3. It (not / rain) a lot.
  4. But we (see) some beautiful rainbows.
  5. Where (spend / you) your last holiday?
  6. Last year I (spend) my holiday in France. It (be) great.
  7. I (travel) around by car with two friends and we (visit) lots of interesting places.
  8. Yesterday we (go) to a Cafe Shop.
  9. The bed was very uncomfortable. I very well. (not/sleep)
  10.  Asmae wasn't hungry, so she anything. (not/eat)
  11.  We went to Sarah's house but she at home. (not/be)
  12.  It was a funny situation but nobody (laugh)
  13.  The window was open and a bird into the room. (fly)
  14.  The hotel wasn't very expensive. It very much. (not/cost)
  15. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I her. (not/disturb)

B. Complete the exercise with the verbs inside the box. (simple past tense)
buy catch cost drink
fall hurt sell spend
teach throw win write

1. Mozart more than 600 pieces of music.

2. 'How did you learn to drive?' 'My father me.'

3. We couldn't afford to keep our car, so we it.

4. I was very thirsty. I the water very quickly.

5. Karim and I played tennis yesterday. He's much better than me, so he

easily.

6. Ahmed   down the stairs this morning and his leg.

7. Kamal  the ball to Sarah, who it.

8. Layla  a lot of money yesterday. She

a dress. It 100.




Previous
Next Post »

Popular Posts