Conditional Type 3- Exercises with ANSWERS!



Exercise 1. Put the verbs in brackets into the gaps. Form a Conditional sentence – type III.
  1. If the teacher (to explain) the homework, I (to do) it.
  2. If they (to wait) for another 10 minutes, they (to see) the pop star.
  3. If the police (to come) earlier, they (to arrest) the thief.
  4. If the weather (to be) nice, they (to play) football.
  5. If we (to go) to a good restaurant, we (to have) a better dinner.
  6. If Kamal  (to learn) more words, he (to write) a good report.
  7. If the boys (to take) the bus to school, they (to arrive) on time.
  8. If you (to buy) fresh green vegetable, your salad (to taste)better.
  9. If Karim  (to ask) me, I (to email) the documents.
  10. If he (to speak) more slowy, Sarah  (to understand) him.

Exercise 2.  Choose the correct answer
  1. If Iyou were coming, I would have prepared a delicious meal.
  2. If youlate, you would have caught the nine o'clock train.
  3. Iyou a present if I had known it was your birthday.
  4. If the weather had been better last weekend, weto the beach.
  5. If you had worked hard, youthe exam.
  6. If they had taken him to hospital earlier, he.
  7. Iyou the document, if you had given me your email address.
  8. Hethe bus, if he had woken up earlier.
  9. If youto the meeting yesterday, you would have met Sarah.
  10. The accidentif the driver hadn't been driving fast









Answers! ⇓
Exercise 1.
  1. If the teacher had explained the homework, I would have done it.
  2. If they had waited for another 10 minutes, they would have seen the pop star.
  3. If the police had come earlier, they would have arrested the thief.
  4. If the weather had been nice, they would have played football.
  5. If we had gone to a good restaurant, we would have had a better dinner.
  6. If John had learned more words, he would have written a good report.
  7. If the boys had taken the bus to school, they would have arrived on time.
  8. If you had bought fresh green vegetable, your salad would have tasted better.
  9. If Karim had asked me, I would have emailed the documents.
  10. If he had spoken more slowy, Sarah would have understood him.

Exercise 2.
  1. If I had known you were coming I would have prepared a delicious meal.
  2. If you hadn't been late you would have caught the nine o'clock train.
  3. I would have bought you a present if I had known it was your birthday.
  4. If the weather had been better last weekend, we would have gone to the beach.
  5. If you had worked hard, you would have passed the exam.
  6. If they had taken him to hospital earlier, he wouldn't have died .
  7. I would have sent you the document, if you had given me your email address.
  8. He wouldn't have missed the bus, if he had woken up earlier.
  9. If you had come to the meeting yesterday, you would have met Sarah.
  10. The accident wouldn't have occurred if the driver hadn't been driving fast.
Previous
Next Post »

Popular Posts