I wish / If only- Exercises with ANSWERS!



Exercise 1: Choose the correct answer.


  1. I am sorry I don’t know how to use the computer. If only I (know)how to use it.
  2. I stayed late at work and missed the last bus. I wish I (stay)at work late
  3. Asmae didn't get a good grade. She wishes she (work)harder.
  4. Karim likes football very much. He wishes he (become)a professional football player.
  5. He was running very fast when he had a heart attack. If only he (not/run)so fast.
  6. She's keen on computers. She wishes she (study)computer science next school year.

Exercise 2: Decide whether these statements express a "wish" or a "regret".

  1. If only I traveled to Paris.
  2. I wish I were a doctor.
  3. I wish I could fly.
  4. If only she had seen the doctor earlier. He could have saved her.









⇓ ANSWERS 
EXERCISE 1:
  1. I am sorry I don’t know how to use the computer.If only I  knew how to use it.
  2. I stayed late at work and missed the last bus. I wish I  had not stayed at work late.
  3. Alice didn't get a good grade. She wishes she (work) had worked harder
  4. Tom likes football very much. He wishes he (become) became a professional football player.
  5. He was running very fast when he had a heart attack. If only he (not/run) hadn't run so fast.
  6. She's keen on computers. She wishes she (study) studied computer science next school year.
EXERCISE 2:
  1. If only I traveled to New York. Wish
  2. I wish I were a doctor. Wish
  3. I wish I could fly. Wish
  4. If only she had seen the doctor earlier. He could have saved her. Regret
Previous
Next Post »

Popular Posts